Veteran funeral benefits:
Upon the death of the Veteran or his or her spouse or dependent, family members should gather the DD-214 or other discharge papers and make arrangements with a funeral home. To be eligible the veteran must be discharged or separated from active duty under conditions other than dishonorable.
The following burial services may be provided to Veterans and their loved ones:
• Burial in a VA national cemetery
• Opening and closing of the grave or
• Burial of cremated remains or placement in an above-ground vault, also called a columbarium
• Perpetual care of the gravesite
• Ordering and inscription of a headstone or marker with an inscription
• Provision of a burial flag
• Award of a Presidential Memorial Certificate
• Performance of a committal service with military honors
• Transportation of flower arrangements from committal service to gravesite
Eligible Veterans may receive headstones, markers, or medallions to place in private cemeteries worldwide. Some Veterans may also be eligible for VA burial allowances or use benefits for private cemetery burials that also include a headstone or marker, a burial flag, and a Presidential Memorial Certificate.
Please note that VA gravesites cannot be reserved in advance.
More information can be found at U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs website www.va.gov
Veteran Discounts applied to Merchandise only.